A Day of Sunshine offers free holidays to deserving local children and their families. If you would like to nominate a family who you feel deserves, and would benefit from a holiday in a Spanish villa, or a UK holiday park, please feel free to download and complete the form below.
If you prefer, you can also contact us, and we will post a form out to you. Nominations may be made by anybody who knows the family concerned, but are, of course, subject to our terms and criteria.
For your convenience, the form is available to download in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. To download, simply click on a link below, and if given the choice, select the option to either open the form and view it on screen, or save it to your computer. Now you may print the form, fill it in and post it to us at the address given on this website, and on the form.
When we receive your completed form, we will consider your application, and let you know, in due course, if your request has been accepted.
Applications should be made by a professional body, such as a doctor, teacher, nurse or social worker.
Download Holiday Nomination Forms
Search for Santa Nominations Forms
Please visit Search for Santa to get the latest information and nomination forms.
Holiday criteria for A Day of Sunshine.
A Day of Sunshine holidays are offered to deserving children and their families.
A deserving child may be seriously ill, or disabled, or have a parent, or guardian who is seriously ill or disabled, making it difficult for the family to have a holiday. To qualify, a family must…
• Have one or more children aged between 2 and 17 years.
• Be in receipt of certain benefits, such as DLA, or ESA.
• Be on a low income.
• Have no other opportunity of a holiday, and not been on holiday for the last 5 years.
• Be resident in the Lancashire or Cumbria regions of the UK.
All applicants are also reminded of our terms of service…
• Holiday and Search for Santa applications should be made by a professional body, such as a doctor, teacher, nurse or social worker.
• All holidays will be limited to 4-6 people, depending on destination, and requirements, due to space, and/ or financial reasons.
• Only children, or parent/ guardians suffering from serious illness, or disability, can be considered for a holiday.
• Whilst we value all support, either financial or otherwise, such support will not influence any decision made regarding holidays.
• A Day of Sunshine cannot be held liable for any accidents, injuries, or losses which may occur on our holidays, and all guests are highly recommended to take out travel insurance, at their own expense.
• A Day of Sunshine’s decision on any applicant’s suitability for a holiday, will be final.